Events — Life Support Rally — Life Support Ride — Life Support Refresher — LAGA - Pack Jack's
HQCC's Survivors of Suicide Day
Sponsored by HQCC and our Healing After Suicide Support Group
In honor of loved ones lost to suicide and those loved ones who experience those losses.
First United Methodist Church in Lawrence and the "Healing After Suicide" support group of Headquarters Counseling Center invite YOU to join in this conversation:
Lawrence, KS Community Workshop (Facebook Event)
Saturday, November 19th 11:30am - 2:30pm
This event is held in conjunction with the International Survivors of Suicide Day
- at First United Methodist Church, 946 Vermont
- downstairs in the Brady Fellowship Hall (same as last year)
- starting with an informal gathering and snack
- noon - 1:30pm viewing of the national broadcast
- 1:30 - 2:30pm discussion with our local panel
- free and open to any interested person, not only survivors of suicide loss
- RSVP appreciated by end of day Wednesday 11/16
Saturday November 19th (annually on the Saturday before Thanksgiving)
~ The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) website lists locations across the world where group viewings and local discussions will be happening, so feel free to spread the word to friends near and far.
~ Wherever you are, if you have internet access you have the opportunity to watch the broadcast of the national panel, from noon - 1:30pm on Nov. 19th. Details are at the AFSP link above. Watching with supportive friend/family is recommended, because the discussion will certainly get you thinking and feeling about your loss.
"When you come to the edge of all that you know,
Questions? Email Marcia@HeadquartersCounselingCenter.org
you must believe in one of two things:
there will be earth upon which to stand,
or you will be given wings." ~ anonymous